Monday, October 13, 2008

On Columbus Day, Google Honors Paddington-Fucking-Bear

I love this comment:

I'm glad someone else notices this stuff like I did. Google did the same thing on June 6, 2008 but to me it was even worse than today.

June 6th is of course is the remembrance of D-Day and all the men that died there fighting for our freedom. So instead of posting something to remember D-Day, Google posted the birthday of Diego Velázquez — Born: June 6, 1599. That's right, the famous painter!

I'm not sure if Google does this to be completely hard left and go out of the way to avoid anything that's considered remotely patriotic, or if they are just trying to be as snooty as possible.

Would you be so kind as to pass me the wine and cheese please, I'm admiring this eloquant painting by Diego Velázquez...

Happy Columbus Day Google!

Maybe on January 15th, 2009, Google will celebrate the anniversary of the dedication of The Pentagon (1943) or the playing of the first Super Bowl (1967) or the declaration of independence by the Vermont Republic (1777) instead of MLK's birthday (1929)...but somehow I doubt it.

No comments: